Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Random

I ran into my friend Zach today on my way back to the office after lunch. It was random, unexpected, and I was honestly so excited to see him. If he hadn't been on crutches I might have knocked him over with the force of my hug from the excitement, but I refrained. It reminded me of when I first came to Walter Reed to visit him. He was going to be here recuperating from an IED blast. Countless surgeries later, months in a wheelchair, he is now on his own two feet with the help of crutches (for now).  He has another surgery soon and as far as I know, and that should be it for a while.  Part of the reason I was so happy to see him in the halls of Walter Reed is because if it weren't for him and the situation that brought him here I would never have met Dave.  Seeing him reminded me of the day that I met my boyfriend here in this very hospital. I love how God can take a terrible situation and have something wonderful come from it. I think it's amazing how things work. The times in my life when I had no direction and the choices that I made ended up taking me where I am today. I know that that's how every one's life is but when you look at it in a certain way it's really remarkable.
Finding Dave:
After college moved to Fl with Megan. While in Florida I met Walter through Megan. Through Walter I met Zach. Moved to DC to help my family. Zach got hurt, through Walter I learned about Zach's girlfriend (Jess) who needed some support and Army lingo help and who I now live with. I went with Jess to visit Zach and on that first visit I met Dave.
When I write it out like that it seems so fast but it was a 3 year time frame.  I'm still in awe because at the time I felt like I had no direction and yet I've been taken care of and have ended up in probably a better place than I could have planned for myself.
So yaaaaay for Zach and his recovery and for all the goods things we've all been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive